The International Committee (IC) is now considering proposals for the 10th International Symposium on Fish Endocrinology (https://www.isfendo.com/the-society/) to be held in 2024.
People interested in hosting the 10th ISFE should send an email as soon as possible to Dr. Vance Trudeau (President ISFE ; email@example.com) indicating their intention to submit a proposal. This is critical, so that you can get more details, and the help needed to prepare a winning proposal.
A PDF clearly presenting the information requested below should be sent via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) before March 15, 2023. All proposals will be given full consideration by the IC and a site will be selected within 10 days following the deadline. Below please find a list of key items that should be included in the proposal. Any other aspects, including photos of the venue and facilities, other relevant information would be most appreciated.
Detailed proposals are requested so that informed decisions can be made by the IC. If there are several equivalent and competing proposals, then organizers may be asked to briefly present their plans (using Zoom), and respond to questions from the IC.
The information requested:
- Main organizer
- Local organizing committee
- Precise location, proposed timing of the meeting, expected weather conditions etc.
- Description of available amphitheaters (number of seats, etc.)
- Transportation (airport, connection to major cities, trains, etc)
- Accommodation (hotels, categories, typical prices, possible discounts)
- Affordable student accommodation (dormitories, youth hostel, possibility to share rooms, approximate costs, etc)
- Plan for food
- Preliminary program, including social events
- Proposed budget and fund-raising ideas (university, city, province/state/regional funding availability)
- Expected registration fees, and the possibility for special rates for students and young investigators